During this time of the year we always think of two things: love and chocolate, lots of it! Around Heart of the Home we spend much of our time thinking about food - can you blame us, we have some of the best and most inventive kitchenware products in store - If we aren't on Pinterest looking up new recipes then we're most certainly in the kitchen whipping up something fun!
This Valentine's Day we wanted to be able to spend time with our loved ones, but we would also like to save some cash and avoid the crowds. There's no better way to do that than by having a date night in complete with a delicious menu. Here is what will be on our table February 14.
1. Red beet powder can be substituted for the red food coloring if that is a health issue for you.
ORIGINAL RECIPE: https://keviniscooking.com/red-velvet-waffles-with-cream-cheese-glaze/
3. Sprinkle your countertop or cutting board with a little flour. Place the room temperature pizza dough on top and use the 4″ heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out the dough. I was able to get 5 mini pizzas out of 1 pre-rolled pizza crust.
4. Place about 1 tablespoon of sauce in the middle of each crust. Use a spoon to spread it around the entire surface and top with cheese and heart shaped pepperonis.
5. Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until the crust is crisp and the cheese is just beginning to brown. Allow it to cool for a minute and enjoy!
ORIGINAL RECIPE: http://sarahhearts.com/mini-heart-shaped-pizzas/
4. Sift together the flours. Use a large metal spoon to fold the flours into the butter mixture alternately with the cocoa mixture, in 2 batches each, until well combined. Divide the mixture equally between the 3 prepared pans. Smoothen the surface with the back of the spoon.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Stand for 3 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
6. Once cooled completely, frost with chocolate fudge frosting, either by spreading the frosting with a spoon or piping it onto the cake layers. Decorate with fresh raspberries.
Chocolate Fudge Frosting
ORIGINAL RECIPE: http://www.sugaretal.com/2016/03/09/3535/