If only gift giving could be as simple as picking something from the "under $30" section of Heart of the Home. Oh, wait. It can! Here at Heart of the Home Edmonton, we’ve curated a small collection of items, all under $30, that will please everyone from the novice baker, to the life-long chef. If you’re looking for even more ideas, come by the store and check out our front shelves where we’ve sorted some of our favourite gifts to suit all price-points and budgets. It’s holiday shopping made easy AND local!
1. Picnic in style with Kikkerland Stackable Wine Glasses. The step and cup detach for easy, compact travel and sturdy nylon straps make for easy carrying.
Review: "Perfect for picnic or festival use, or in fact to take anywhere you want something sturdy but light and compact and you want to avoid disposable plastic glasses." - Anonymous
2. Escuminac Maple Syrup. This is a pure maple syrup; its aromatic profile brings to mind warm buttered brown sugar, date purée, English toffee and green anise. We carry all three gourmet maple syrup flavours: Extra Rare, Great Harvest and Late Harvest. They are 100% pure, organic, gluten free, vegan and made in Canada!
Review: 'I thought I'd give this a try was not disappointed at all. I made a pork rib roast with a macadamia nut stuffing with a maple syrup glaze using this maple syrup. The gravy was so good and paired beautifully with the dinner. And it is amazing on pancakes, waffles, and so much more. I almost just wanted to chug it back but that's probably wouldn't be the best use for it. But still tempting nonetheless. Highly recommended if you love maple syrup. Thinking about trying to make a maple syrup creme brulee with it and see how that turns out." - User
3. Moscow Mule Mugs. The Moscow Mule cocktail is traditionally served in a copper mug. The nickel and copper plated body helps to keep your drinks colder for longer, while the handle makes the mug easy to hold. Although the mug was originally dubbed for the Moscow Mule drink, it is suitable for any icy drink alcoholic or non-alcoholic, anything will do.
Review: "Found the Brilliant Moscow Mule Mug in the 20 oz. size and ordered it. The cup came and is beautifully crafted. The outside is copper and the inside is stainless steel. The packaging for the mug even came with the recipe for how to make that tasty Moscow Mule drink that I had at my friends party. I can't wait to go buy the ingredients and drink one myself next weekend." - Greg & Erica
4. Car and Camper salt and pepper shakers make a wonderful addition to anyone's table, especially during the holiday season!
5. Adventure Flask. A flask that is ready to accompany you on all of your adventures!
Review: "This flask is great. It holds a full 8 oz which is a generous amount to carry. It's pretty flat so it is easy to hold while pouring, but won't fit into a tiny evening bag. Choose the smaller size if that's what you carry. I would have preferred that it come with a small funnel to fill it with, but that didn't slow me down much, just not as convenient. It seems well made and I expect to have it for a number of years." - Anonymous
6. The flexible gooseneck Kikkerland Flexible Tablet Holder clips on to your desk with a super strong clamp and holds your tablet device for easy, hands-free viewing. Great for viewing photos/videos; video chat; cooking; travel and GPS; watching movies and TV; and more. Fits tablets 5.1" to 8" wide (not included).
7. Salt Spring kitchen Co hot sauce collection gift box. Salt Spring Kitchen Co. makes some of the best things to ever come out of a jar or a bottle. They offer handmade, small batch preserves and sauces to pair with cheese, charcuterie, & anything else you want to put them on.
Review: "My family has been enjoying Melanie's Jams and preserves as long as she's been on Salt Spring Island. Her Spicy Tomato Jam won me over, but I confess I buy it in threes and always try to keep one on hand for guests or as a gift." - Maggie O'Scalleigh